Black sand and white houses, indigo sea and gray earth, green fields and petrified lava - no other island quite compares with the wild natural beauty of the volcanic island of Santorini. The history of Santorini is the history of a volcano. Contrasting layers of pumice-stone and Santorinian soil bear witness to the eruption of the volcano which took place some 3.500 years ago, causing three-quarters of the island to sink into the sea. The atmosphere of this unique island will excite you just as much as the view from Fira, the town perched on the top of the sheer cliffs. An organized land-tour by bus brings you to Oia and Fira. The boat-departure is from Rethymno (a transfer can be booked extra).
- Included: Boat-ticket and a land-excursion on Santorini
- Not included: optional transfer to/from your hotel – Rethymno Port
- No meals included
- During high season there is an extra optional boat-trip around the volcano- site, info and reservations on the Santorini boat
- Bring along: Comfortable shoes, a cap, photo-camera, sun cream, a sweatshirt (and swimwear in case you book the extra optional volcano-boat) Don’t forget your ID/passport (for passenger-control at the port
- Reservations can be made only during your stay at the hotel reception.